Injury and accident prevention programs
Strain injuries and slip, trip and fall injuries are two of the most common risks facing construction workers. Zurich offers a variety of solutions designed to advance your company’s safety culture and help you address substance abuse and zero injury.
Strain injury prevention programs. Our soft tissue injury prevention program (STIPP) and stretch and flex program help educate your employees about the prevention of soft tissue injuries, sprains, strains, musculoskeletal disorders and more. Learn more about strain injury prevention programs:
- The soft tissue injury prevention program, developed in collaboration with the Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), promotes awareness of soft tissue injuries, while training participants on how to mitigate or prevent the impact of such injuries. STIPP, a complimentary program available to qualified customers, includes training that can be tailored to your company’s specific requirements.
- Stretch and flex, Zurich’s customized stretching program, can help your employees minimize the risks that result from poor body mechanics, lifting, awkward posture, repetitive motion, material handling, climate and even noise.
Slip, trip and fall prevention. We provide effective tools and training resources to help contractors address their unique needs, while seeking to achieve the broader standard of the Construction Industry Institute (CII). Learn more about slip, trip and fall prevention.
Falls represent the greatest potential for severe, disabling or life-threatening injuries in the construction industry. As a contractor, you also face a special challenge: your team is at risk from slip, trip and fall hazards created by other on-site personnel, as well as those created by their own work activities.
Zurich believes that all construction contractors should operate under the 100% fall-protection standard recommended by the Construction Industry Institute. We provide exceptional resources to help you address your unique needs, while seeking to achieve the broader standard.
- Defying gravity provides a logical process to identify areas at your jobsites that have the greatest potential for slip, trip and fall occurrences. It shows you how to prioritize hazards and develop action plans to help control slip, trip and fall losses in those areas. Learn more about defying gravity.
- ClickSafety®* provides a comprehensive catalog of discounted online safety, health and environmental (SH&E) training courses. More than 300 courses, including over 50 titles in Spanish, are available to help you comply with training requirements of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other regulatory agencies. Many of the topics available are specifically geared towards reducing exposure to slip, trip and fall hazards.
*ClickSafety® is not a subsidiary or affiliate of Zurich and use of their products and services are independent of, and not included within, Zurich’s products or services. Zurich expressly disclaims any and all damages and other costs that may arise related to the use of or reliance upon the products, services, representations or warranties made by or on behalf of ClickSafety.
Substance abuse. Impaired workers not only cause more injuries, they also typically cause rework and increase exposure to third-party hazards. Our strategic alliance with Encompass Compliance Corporation assists in the development and maintenance of state-specific drug and alcohol testing policies.
Building a zero-injury culture. Zurich offers techniques to help you create a zero-injury culture, which can result in reduced claim severity and frequency, increased productivity and more. Zurich offers techniques to support you in effecting this cultural shift.
- Our zero-injury/zero-incident program helps customers adopt the belief that employee injury is neither desirable nor acceptable providing the tools and training needed to make zero injury a reality.
- Zurich Hazard Analysis (ZHA) offers a powerful method for systematically identifying and managing various types of construction risks. Your company determines the gravity of the risks identified and what levels of risk you are prepared to tolerate, and we help you develop customized risk improvement measures. Learn more about Zurich Hazard Analysis.
- Zurich X-ray assists you in distinguishing areas of corporate culture, management and communication that affect your operations by measuring the difference between management expectations and field perceptions.
- Zurich SafetyNet for construction is a proprietary service from Predictive Solutions* that enables contractors to measure the effectiveness of their safety programs, determine leading indicators of risk and identify where their next injury is likely to occur.
*Predictive Solutions is not a subsidiary or affiliate of Zurich and use of their products and services are independent of, and not included within, Zurich’s products or services. Zurich expressly disclaims any and all damages and other costs that may arise related to the use of or reliance upon the products, services, representations or warranties made by or on behalf of Predictive Solutions.