Distracted driving adds to growing risks on the road
May 10, 2017
Statistics show the dangers of distraction and the need for greater driver awareness.
1. National Safety Council. “Motor Vehicle Deaths in 2016 Estimated to be Highest in Nine Years.” 15 February 2017. NSC Accessed 13 April 2017.
3. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Distracted Driving home page. Accessed 13 April 2017.
5. National Safety Council. “Motor Vehicle Deaths in 2016 Estimated to be Highest in Nine Years.”
7. National Safety Council video. Published 16 February 2017.
8. Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Distracted Driving flyer. 2012.
9. National Safety Council. Annual Estimate of Cell Phone Crashes 2013. Published 2015.
10. National Safety Council. Driver Safety Public Opinion Poll. February 2017.
11. National Safety Council. “Understanding the Distracted Brain: Why Driving While Using Hands-Free Cell Phones is Risky Behavior.” April 2012.
1299 Zurich Way, Schaumburg, Illinois 60196-1056
800 382 2150 www.zurichna.com
The information in this publication was compiled from sources believed to be reliable for informational purposes only. All sample policies and procedures herein should serve as a guideline, which you can use to create your own policies and procedures. We trust that you will customize these samples to reflect your own operations and believe that these samples may serve as a helpful platform for this endeavor. Any and all information contained herein is not intended to constitute advice (particularly not legal advice). Accordingly, persons requiring advice should consult independent advisors when developing programs and policies. We do not guarantee the accuracy of this information or any results and further assume no liability in connection with this publication and sample policies and procedures, including any information, methods or safety suggestions contained herein. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any of this information, whether to reflect new information, future developments, events or circumstances or otherwise. Moreover, Zurich reminds you that this cannot be assumed to contain every acceptable safety and compliance procedure or that additional procedures might not be appropriate under the circumstances. The subject matter of this publication is not tied to any specific insurance product nor will adopting these policies and procedures ensure coverage under any insurance policy.
©2017 Zurich American Insurance Company. All rights reserved.
A1-112009394-A (05/17) 112009394