High-wattage brainpower for your company
Looking for the brightest minds and ideas to apply to your loss control issues? Then you’ll want to access the brainpower of Zurich’s Energy underwriters and risk engineers. We provide a broad range of risk solutions, risk engineering and claims support for utility customers worldwide. Zurich is a global leader in the power generation segment with property and casualty underwriting teams averaging more than 20 years of experience.
In 2009, Zurich Risk Engineering completed over 100 assessments and special consulting projects for power generation facilities and utility companies. In addition, Zurich delivered over 150 risk engineering seminars and webinars for brokers and customers ranging in scope from Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) to Crane Management.
Our Risk Engineers have previous experience in the power generation field and can provide industry gained insight into the problems you face now and in the future. Because every customer’s risk profile is different, we have structured our risk engineering services to several specialized areas designed to address those individual needs.
Some of the key products and features we offer the Power Generation and Utilities industry includes:
- Every energy customer gets a single point of contact for all underwriting needs and a claims service account executive to coordinate claims service
- Broad policy coverage available including property damage, buildings in course of construction, transit coverage and boiler and machinery
- Contingent business interruption, service interruption and associated extensions of coverage available
- We offer Failure to Supply coverage on both a primary and excess basis (in the U.S.)
- Highly flexible workers’ compensation solutions are available in the U.S., including guaranteed cost and deductible as well as self-insured workers’ compensation
- More than 250 Zurich nurses in North America provide early intervention, medical case management, vocational rehabilitation and catastrophic case management
Zurich offers casualty, excess casualty and property solutions for companies in these segments:
- Power generation (coal, gas fired, hydroelectric)
- Power suppliers (retail and wholesale)
- Gas and electric utilities
- Independent power producers
Industry support groups:
- Manufacturers and distributors of products that support the utilities sector
- Plant maintenance contractors
- Utility service contractors