Lawyers' Professional Liability
Zurich is your best defense for protection against malpractice claims
We understand the need for all lawyers to be protected against the possibility of malpractice claims. Real protection means an insurance carrier with a record of accomplishment in the service of lawyers and a track record of providing real and expert care in the event a claim is made.
For 15 years, Zurich has provided professional liability insurance to lawyers. Our coverage is the most effective way to protect your business and the interests of your clients, and is designed for a variety of law practices:
- Sole proprietors and law firms from 1 to 99 attorneys
- Solo attorneys who practice law part time
- Solo attorneys who are working in a non-legal job and need insurance for "moonlighting" as an attorney
- Broad definition of legal services
- Prior Acts coverage
- Nationwide coverage
- Free access to our Loss Prevention Hotline and web-based legal research
- Dedicated claims support staffed with licensed attorneys available 24/7
- Extended reporting period options available for additional premium.
- Unlimited non-practicing Extended Reporting Period options after 5 years available for no additional premium
- Portfolio of complimentary risk management services
- Wide range of coverage options, limits and deductibles
- Innocent partner coverage
Whether you are a lawyer practicing solo or in a law firm, full-time, part-time or moonlighting, Zurich offers an insurance solution to meet the specific professional liability needs of your practice. Zurich insured’s are secure in the knowledge that their coverage is tailored to their needs, and in the event of a claim they can turn to specialized claims professionals – lawyers – to provide the best defense from notice of a claim to its final resolution.