Celebrating International Womens Day
April 2, 2019
Zurich North America CEO Kathleen Savio, along with Zurich colleagues around the globe embraced this year’s International Women’s Day theme #BalanceforBetter.
“Balance is not a women’s issue, it’s a business issue. It’s important to anyone who wants to see Zurich as a place that supports all employees in reaching their full potential.”
– Kathleen Savio, CEO Zurich North America
Zurich North America CEO Kathleen Savio, along with Zurich colleagues around the globe embraced this year’s International Women’s Day theme #BalanceforBetter. Through this theme, Zurich’s Women’s Innovation Network (WIN) in North America hosted an event to celebrate the day, connect with colleagues, and help foster an inclusive and diverse environment at Zurich.Savio kicked off the event and shared practical ways to foster an inclusive environment:
- Make getting to know your colleagues a priority
- Let someone else run your next meeting
- Call on someone in your next meeting who usually doesn’t speak up – and maybe give them a heads up
- Ask someone to take the opposing view
- Look at talent when positions open for who’s ready, not just at who asks
- Take time to explore ideas you don’t agree with. Ask why and how so?
- Learn to be uncomfortable
- Hold yourself accountable
Brian Little, head of Human Resources and WIN Executive Sponsor for Zurich North America wrapped up the event to talk about how specifically Zurich North America has been taking steps to support #BalanceforBetter. One way Zurich is working to help build an inclusive environment at Zurich is to offer Employee Resource Groups. WIN is one of nine Employee Resource Groups in North America.
Media interested in learning more, contact a member of the Media & Public Relations team.