Industry veteran joins Zurich North America as Head of Technical Underwriting Training
October 23, 2019
Rosie Mucklo to build a team that will help develop and deliver a curriculum that strengthens Zurich’s underwriting technical capabilities.
Mucklo is a learning and development professional with extensive experience driving results for large companies, including CNA and Liberty Mutual.
She will be based in Zurich North America’s Schaumburg headquarters and will report to Brandon Fick, Chief Underwriting Officer.
Mucklo is collaborating with Zurich colleagues to develop an internal strategy that will help the company retain and attract top talent, improve its underwriting and enable its market-facing underwriters to better serve the needs of Zurich customers.
“This is a critical position for Zurich as we work to deliver on our vision of a single underwriting community,” Fick said. “Rosie will lead the effort to develop and deliver a curriculum, through Zurich Underwriting University , that strengthens our technical capabilities throughout the career stages of our underwriting community colleagues.”
The goal is to create a culture where the Zurich North America underwriting community is known for:
- Knowledgeable advisors who are curious and solution-oriented;
- Collaborative coordinators who bring the best to our customers, including Risk Engineering, Claims and data and analytics;
- Autonomy and empowerment to deliver the best customer experience;
- Tools and data to drive insights that are simple to use and understand;
- Clear career paths and opportunities to grow; and
- Simple processes that are easy to navigate.
Mucklo joins Zurich from CNA in Chicago, where she was Director of Sales Effectiveness, Learning & Development. She also worked in change management and training roles for Liberty Mutual, The Service Profit Chain Institute and The Forum Corporation.
She has a bachelor’s degree in history from Loyola University Chicago, and a master’s degree in education from West Virginia University.