Litigation and legal services
Having the right claim management team can help decrease the uncertainty and costs associated with complex litigation.
Zurich’s litigation and legal services are aimed at delivering efficient and proactive resolutions. Our networks of experienced professionals are committed to following a set of carefully prescribed principles and practices to help our customers obtain high-quality legal services at a fair and reasonable cost.
Zurich’s staff legal attorneys strive to provide customers with a high-quality, cost-effective defense against litigated claims. Our team uses industry best practices and metrics in an effort to drive favorable outcomes while also delivering consistent and dedicated service. We are committed to an active collaboration between insureds, brokers and claims professionals to create a strategic defense that can help drive each case to an appropriate resolution.
- Attorneys with an average 15 years of experience in insurance defense trial work and extensive experience with claims litigation
- Designated major case attorneys that specialize in high-exposure cases
- Network of over 380 experienced staff legal attorneys and paralegals servicing 28 states
- Single-point-of-contact coordinating attorney for customers with a multi-jurisdictional presence
- Food and restaurant
- Professional services
Practice area specialists
- Employment practice liability
- Product liability
- Professional liability
- Workers’ compensation
Zurich’s Litigation Management Group (LMG) works to deliver a centralized and coordinated response to litigated claims across a wide variety of industries. We are committed to fostering a strong business relationship with customers, brokers and defense counsel.
LMG can help optimize claim outcomes by verifying that defense cases are staffed appropriately and dollars are spent wisely. Our dedicated, regional litigation managers have an average of 25 years of legal experience. In-house auditors are attorneys or paralegals with an average of 20 years legal experience.
We can help our customers by:
- Providing access to a nationwide network of law firms with specialized experience and proven track records
- Mitigating legal spend by auditing and adjusting all billing invoices
- Negotiating rate with law firms
- Performing on-site panel counsel audits to evaluative quality outcomes and billing practice compliance
- Developing action plans, as needed, as a result of audits
Additional service options include:
- Alternative fee arrangements
- Best practice and quality guidelines
- Billing guidelines to set reasonable expectations on expenses and costs
- Court reporter and e-discovery preferred pricing vendor programs
- Insured Select counsel
- Panel counsel self-audits
- Telephonic court appearance
To obtain more information about Zurich's Litigation Management Group, please call 847-605-3718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.