Zurich North America Headquarters
As a global leader in managing risk, Zurich has made its commitment to the North American marketplace evident in our headquarters building in Schaumburg, Illinois – a northwest suburb of Chicago. The 783,800 square foot corporate campus is located on 40 acres of beautiful, native landscape. The building has been awarded the highly respected LEED Platinum® -certified designation1 for its environmental design and sustainability initiatives.
Zurich has offices around the globe; in North America, Illinois has always been our home. We’ve been here for more than 100 years and generate nearly $1.3 billion in economic impact annually for the state,2 while providing thousands of jobs in the Chicago area.
We are proud that our corporate campus has significant benefits for the economy and the environment.
Take a virtual tour of Zurich’s North American headquarters
International presence, Illinois impact
Zurich is a significant contributor to the economy and values our role as an employer and taxpaying corporation.
- Zurich insures 90% of Fortune 500 companies, nearly all of which have a global presence.3
- The company and its peers in the insurance industry contributed $1.1 billion in tax revenue and $306 billion in investments to the Illinois economy in 2015.4
- The headquarters is the largest LEED Platinum®-certified structure of its kind and largest single-tenant suburban office development in the Chicagoland area in over a decade.
- Zurich provides approximately $1.3 billion in economic impact to the Illinois economy annually, according to a recent University of Illinois study.
The headquarters building reflects our commitment to the environment and has earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum® -certified rating – the highest rating from the U.S. Green Building Council®.
The building features include:
- Curtain wall system designed to maximize natural light
- System to provide high-quality indoor air
- Access to public transportation and accommodations for electric and low-emitting vehicles
- Incorporation of multiple “green” roof spaces, totaling more than one acre
- Landscaping with 637 trees and more than 13 acres of native savannah plantings, walking paths and water features, rainwater harvest and re-use
Since opening in 2016, Zurich North America’s headquarters has won twelve awards, including a 2017 International Architecture Award from The Chicago Athenaeum: Museum of Architecture and Design and The European Centre for Architecture Art and Urban Studies.
1 LEED Platinum® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Green Building Council®
2 Source: Regional Economics Applications Laboratory Institute of Government and Public Affairs University of Illinois, June 2013.
3 Information valid as of September 2016