Mandi Bedbury appointed Business Development Leader for the Central zone
Mandi Bedbury is moving into a new role as a Business Development Leader in the Central zone for Zurich North America.
Mandi will be responsible for driving Zurich’s broker and distribution strategy for the Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska territory. She joins the Marketing, Distribution & Regional Management team from Zurich Commercial Insurance’s Customer, Distribution and Market Management team, where she has been engaged in global distribution projects since 2015.
“Mandi’s experience with global distribution projects will be an asset in her new role,” said John Cox, Great Lakes Area Executive. “While she will draw from that global perspective, she starts her conversations by actively listening to understand each distributor’s unique needs.”
Before joining the Commercial CDM team, Mandi worked in the Alternative Asset Management and Life groups in Zurich’s New York office. She relocated to the Midwest in 2017 and is based in Zurich’s offices in Edina, Minnesota.
“I am thrilled to start working with such an amazing group of brokers,” Mandi said. “My goal is to use my project management skills in planning and execution to ensure that Zurich is meeting the needs of our customers and brokers. Collaboration is key and I look forward to getting to know all of you as our hard-working Select Brokers® and ensuring you always have a friend and advocate at Zurich.”
Mandi has been active in supporting Zurich’s SkillShare Summit for nonprofits as well as volunteering in high school outreach and disaster relief programs. She facilitates comic improvisation as a professional development tool.
She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in dance with a minor in journalism and mass communication from the University of Iowa. She is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP).
3 things to know about Mandi
- “I am an improv artist and actor in the Minneapolis area in my spare time. I’m excited to be performing in May and June at HUGE Improv Theater. Yep, we really do make things up on the spot in improv. It’s amazing and I highly recommend it. I’m happy to come in and teach a workshop to anyone interested.”
- “I lived in New York City for 14 years but don’t fear — I was born and raised in Minnesota and know that soda should really be called ‘pop’ and casserole is a ‘hotdish.’ My first professional job out of college was teaching in the Minneapolis School District at North High School. Education is still my jam, and I volunteer to teach youth as much as I can — only now I teach them professional skills like PowerPoint instead of the latest power dance move.”
- “As a dancer my favorite experience was performing with Nancy Sinatra at a festival in New York. I grew up listening to her song ‘These Boots are Made for Walkin’’ and never in a million years thought I would actually get to dance to that song next to her as she sang it live. (For the record, I grew up hearing the song, but it’s way older than I am.)”
Florence DiPietro joins Zurich as Business Development Leader in the East zone
Florence DiPietro has joined Zurich North America’s Marketing, Distribution & Regional Management team as a Business Development Leader for the Mid-Atlantic area of the East zone. She will manage and optimize Zurich’s relationships with Select Brokers in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. Florence will be based in Zurich’s Washington office.
Florence comes to Zurich after five years as a Senior Territory Manager for United Educators, which provides liability insurance and risk management services to schools, colleges and universities across the U.S. At United Educators, she focused on business development for 15 states in its Central territory. Prior to that, Florence spent 10 years based in Marsh’s Washington office, most recently as Vice President, Producer and Business Development. Her territory at Marsh encompassed Maryland, Virginia and Washington.
“Florence brings a broad range of industry experience and a unique skill set that will serve her well as she establishes herself as a Business Development Leader here at Zurich,” said Tom Trullinger, Mid-Atlantic Area Executive.
“I look forward to joining the Mid-Atlantic team,” Florence said. “I’m excited for the opportunity to expand Zurich’s presence locally and cultivate new broker relationships across the D.C. Metro area.”
Florence earned her bachelor’s degree in social work from The Catholic University of America in Washington and is fluent in Spanish. A native Washingtonian, she resides in Bethesda, Maryland, with her husband, Joe, daughter, Nina, 3, and son, JD, 2.
3 things to know about Florence
- Flo enjoys running with her rescue pup, Buddy, but her favorite run is the annual Credit Union Cherry Blossom 10-Miler.
- “I love birthdays and I love surprises. My absolute favorite surprise trip was last year’s milestone birthday to Tulum, Mexico. My paradise is a warm, sunny beach and a great book in hand.”
- “Giving back to my community is my greatest passion. My husband and I were co-chairs for the 25th Annual Latino Student Fund (LSF) Gala, held at Washington National Cathedral in March, which is their biggest fundraising event of the year. LSF helps ensure educational opportunities for all children, especially those of Hispanic descent and other children of color.”
Insurance coverages underwritten by individual member companies of Zurich in North America, including Zurich American Insurance Company. Certain coverages not available in all states. Some coverages may be written on a non-admitted basis through licensed surplus lines brokers.
©2019 Zurich American Insurance Company. All rights reserved.