Professional services covered
Specialized professionals need insurance protection against liability risk. Support your business and continuity with solutions that proactively plan management response.Subscribe to our newsletter
Professional liability insurance
High-profile industries often attract risk associated with the services they provide. Take preventative action against professional-liability risk and maintain a positive public image. Zurich’s specialists can offer solutions for handling legal action and false claims for a broad range of professionals.
Zurich aims to understand your business because we are industry specialists. We can work with you on a professional liability solution that addresses the individual characteristics of your company. Zurich’s worldwide presence helps us draw upon the knowledge of a global network; we have the confidence and resources to look ahead to new growth opportunities.
Professional liability solutions
Zurich Pro Plus® provides limits of up to $25 million and offers qualified customers extensive insurance protection with the flexibility to choose coverage that works best for them — all in one policy:
- Miscellaneous professional and media liability
- Technology and media liability
- System security and privacy liability
- Privacy-breach costs
Potential advantages of Zurich Pro Plus® include:
- Security and privacy protection coverage grants available
- The ability to cover professional liability and security and privacy exposures together under a single limit
- Defense costs for privacy-related regulatory proceeding
- Consumer-redress funds coverage following a privacy breach
- 50/50 cooperation clause
- 90-day automatic extended reporting period
- 25 percent automatic acquisition threshold
With enhanced endorsements, Zurich Pro Plus® can provide an even greater array of protections to qualified customers:
- Additional limit for defense costs
- eDiscovery services
- Crisis-management coverage
- Retention-reduction options
- Alternative dispute-resolution incentives
Industry-focused endorsements are also available, including:
- Real estate agents/brokers
- Property managers
- Freight forwarders
- Home inspectors
- Receiver services
Zurich Employed Lawyers Select® insurance coverage can be your best defense for negligence claims.
Zurich Employed Lawyers Select delivers a new portfolio option to our qualified customers — errors and omissions coverage for public, private and not-for-profit attorneys —that organizations and attorneys need in today's business environment.
Our Employed Lawyers policy offers professional liability coverage, along with a number of market-competitive benefits.
Designed for companies and organizations of any size and across a broad range of industries, including manufacturing, technology, agriculture, mining, construction, healthcare, transportation, finance, real estate, public administration and more.
Employed Lawyers Select provides qualified customers with a number of features, including:
- A broad definition of “insured” that extends to contract and part-time-employed lawyers, as well as those working under their supervision, such as paralegals, notaries and support staff
- A flexible, extended reporting period of up to six years for the entity, and an option for individual insured-person extended coverage
- Broad coverage for moonlighting and pro-bono work
- A three-year look-back provision on insured versus insured exclusion
- 80/20 cooperation clause
- No sublimit for securities claims
Businesses collect an increasing amount of data, putting sensitive company and customer material at risk every year. Zurich specialists use risk foresight to help you assess, mitigate and manage risk to potentially reduce security breaches.
Zurich’s security and privacy protection is available as a stand-alone product or as part of Zurich’s Financial Institutions Select®, which includes security and privacy protection as part of its management and professional liability coverage.