Zurich’s umbrella policy was designed to consolidate complicated liability coverage into one simplified umbrella form. Enhancements that were formerly available only by endorsement are now built into the policy form, simplifying the process for both brokers and customers.
As a result, the policy’s A/B form offers insurance protection, blending follow form excess liability insurance (Coverage A) with umbrella liability insurance (Coverage B) for lead umbrella. The policy also includes Coverage C — casualty business crisis expense — that provides reimbursement for emergency expenses up to $250,000, regardless of fault, and immediate access to professional advisors.
Policy enhancements include:
- Choice of coverage to provide defense within a defined policy limit or outside policy limit
- Built in frequently requested endorsements, including common additional coverages such as: Knowledge of Occurrence; Notice of Occurrence; Unintentional E&O; Transfer of Rights of Recovery Against Others to Us; Additional Insureds under Coverage A; and the ISO Pollution Exceptions under Coverage A
- Elimination of short-rate cancellation provision, regardless of who requests cancellation
- Follows primary policy’s definitions and additional insureds
- Follows primary policy in providing per project/per location general aggregate
- A 90-day notice of cancellation for other than nonpayment of premium
- Other Insurance is amended for Coverage A to be primary and noncontributory within limits agreed to in a written contract
- Responds to multiple triggers, Coverage B provides occurrence trigger only -$0 retention in most jurisdictions
- No territory restriction
Crisis management benefits
When a company’s reputation is on the line, our professionals are ready to provide an advice and prompt -response action. They work directly with businesses to help mitigate issues before they get out of hand in the company, or in the media. Helping to control the crisis potentially minimizes reputational damage and the extent of losses. Moreover, the flexibility of our crisis management coverage gives qualified customers the ability to use coverage when they need it most.