Inland Marine policies and floaters are among the most versatile and customizable lines of insurance needed by businesses of all types and sizes. From a variety of transit and equipment coverages to specialized policies for targeted needs such as exhibitions, Inland Marine products provide important solutions for a wide range of requirements. And as one of the largest Marine Insurance providers, Zurich offers the product range, variety and capacity that today’s customers require when Inland Marine insurance is on the agenda.
Zurich – One of the world leaders in Marine insurance
Zurich in North America is part of the Zurich Insurance Group (Zurich), a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network of subsidiaries and offices in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and the Middle East as well as other markets. As one of the world’s largest and most capable Marine insurance providers, Zurich understands the risks facing customers in many different industries in a challenging business environment. In 1872, Zurich was founded to write Marine insurance, and we’ve been in the business continuously for 140 years. We have a global network of 400 dedicated Marine specialists in 38 countries around the world. Our Marine Underwriters average 20 years of experience, and our Risk Engineers and Claims specialists provide services that help customers maintain better control over their cost of risk. And everything we do is backed by the professional experience and customer commitment that have defined Zurich’s approach to Marine solutions since the beginning.
Inland Marine solutions as diverse as our customers
Zurich provides a broad range of Inland Marine policies and floaters, with particular focus on the following lines of insurance:
- Contractors Equipment - Protection for heavy equipment such as tractors, bulldozers and concrete mixers while on a job site and in transit
- Equipment Sales and Rental - Coverage for agricultural, construction, material handling and other equipment held for sale or rental
- Exhibitions - Coverage for property on temporary exhibition and while in transit
- Mobile Equipment and Scheduled Property Floaters - Coverage forms that can be tailored to provide individualized coverage for specific needs of our clients
- Motor Truck Cargo - Coverage for the legal liability of motor carriers for cargo in their custody while in transit and at terminal locations
- Radio and Television Towers and Equipment - Insurance for the protection of radio and television stations and cellular service providers, including towers, transmitting equipment and other property
- Riggers Legal Liability - Coverage for the legal liability of rigging operations while moving the property of others
- Transportation and Trip Transit - Coverage for loss or damage to owned property in the course of transit, whether on the insured’s vehicles or being transported by others
Warehouse Legal Liability - Coverage for the legal liability of warehouse operators for damage to property of others while in their care, custody or control
Risk engineering and claim services
Whatever your Inland Marine insurance need may be, Zurich solutions are delivered with the additional services of risk engineers who average 12 years on the job and who use that experience to help you reduce losses. They have targeted insights, risk assessment tools and employee safety training that you can access to help you improve your loss picture.
In addition, our more than 3,500 Claims professionals in North America, part of a team of 8,000 around the globe, understand the often complex claims issues associated with Inland Marine insurance. They stand ready to provide you with dedicated, customer-focused attention to help settle your claim and help reduce the impact on your risk management program.
A global portfolio of Zurich solutions
Zurich Inland Marine insurance solutions are part of a wide portfolio of risk management products and services designed to help meet virtually every property and casualty insurance need today’s organizations may have. Whether you need a monoline policy for an individual exposure or a complex, multiline program spanning the globe, Zurich can help.
Our services are delivered by a multinational team of more than 60,000 insurance professionals via a global network reaching more than 180 countries. We offer specialized knowledge in many key industry segments, including energy, technology, construction, transportation, manufacturing and more.