Working hands-on while earning your degree
The insurance apprenticeship program at Zurich is the first of its kind in the U.S. Modeled after the successful program at our Switzerland headquarters, it prepares individuals for careers in the insurance industry.
- On-the-job training at Zurich’s North American headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois
- Weekly classes at William Rainey Harper College
At completion of the program, apprentices will have:
- Earned an Associate in Applied Science degree in Business Administration
- Earned the designation of a Department of Labor Certified Insurance Apprentice
- Developed key professional skills that will serve them well in their future career at Zurich
The Apprenticeship Program is currently focused on Claims, Underwriting and Finance, and allows each apprentice to maximize his or her learning by making direct links between course work at Harper College and on-the-job experience at Zurich.
Zurich is a participant in the U.S. Department of Labor’s ApprenticeshipUSA initiative, which includes a network of more than 150,000 employers in more than 1,000 occupations. The initiative is dedicated to developing a new generation of workers to help the U.S. succeed in the 21st-century economy. Zurich's program is the first insurance apprentice program to be certified by the U.S. Department of Labor.
We are committed to having 100 apprentices participate in the program by 2020.