Commercial Builders Risk Insurance
Whether it is coverage for a building under construction, materials on site, materials in transit to the work location, or delay in completion, Builders Risk Insurance can provide coverage for both owners and general contractors. Our product offers broad coverage, including:
- Property damage
- Materials used in the course of construction
- Delays in completion
- Many other perils and exposures
Zurich is a leading provider of Builders Risk coverage for midsized to large construction projects ranging in size from $50 million and greater in total construction values.
Projects valued up to USD $75 million can be submitted by any broker.
Projects of $50 million and above are processed through a Zurich-assigned broker. See Program features and Additional coverage options below.
Additional coverage options
- Delay in completion, including gross profits, rental income and soft costs
- Contract penalties
- Crane re-erection expense
- Off-premises service interruption – direct damage
- Reward payments
- Spare construction materials
- Prevention of access – ingress or egress
- Flood, named storm and earthquake
- Emergency property protection expense
- Design professional fees
- Debris removal, including removal of uncovered property blown onto project site and recycling of covered property
- Coverage for aspects of green building construction
- Existing buildings or structures