Zurich is a global leader in Marine Insurance solutions, offering a wide range of marine policies in more than 215 countries and territories. Our experience protecting the diverse array of global and domestic transportation risks dates to Zurich’s founding as a marine insurer in 1872. We can provide the tailored solutions, industry-leading insights and responsive claims support needed in today’s complex marketplace.
Zurich’s Marine underwriters in the U.S. average more than 20 years’ experience in the sector. With underwriters based in 24 countries, Zurich offers the depth and breadth of knowledge to deliver flexible solutions for cargo and commercial vessel needs. Our Risk Engineers, based in over 40 countries, are available to help customers around the world address their transportation risks. In addition, our specialized Marine Claims team delivers knowledgeable and responsive support to our customers when they need us most. We pride ourselves on listening to our customers’ challenges and working with them to help craft the solutions that are right for them.
Zurich offers customized Ocean Cargo Insurance programs that protect goods by all modes of transport from warehouse to warehouse. The basic ocean cargo policy covers ocean and air shipments, protecting merchandise for physical loss or damage from external causes. Coverages can be expanded to include inland transit risks, including storage and processing.
- Underwriting tailored for each individual risk with a focus on specific coverage needs
- Transit insurance covering merchandise warehouse-to-warehouse
Enhancements to our basic ocean policy include:
- Domestic and foreign inland transit
- Warehousing/stock throughput
- Delay in start-up/business interruption
As one of the industry’s leading Commercial Hull and Marine Liability underwriters, Zurich’s underwriting knowledge, global network and substantial capacity enable us to tailor programs for customers in water transportation and maritime operations. We offer primary Hull and Liability coverages as well as specific Excess and Marine Umbrella coverages, including:
- Commercial hull and machinery
- Protection and indemnity
- Vessel builders risk
- Ship repairers
- Wharfingers/safe berth
- Charterers legal liability
- Excess marine liabilities
Zurich provides Inland Marine Insurance solutions for a broad range of industry groups. From traditional transit and equipment coverages to specialized policies for targeted needs, Zurich’s inland marine portfolio includes:
- Contractors equipment
- Equipment sales and rental
- Mobile equipment and scheduled property floaters
- Motor truck cargo
- Riggers legal liability
- Transportation and trip transit
- Warehouse legal liability
- Contractors equipment coverage
- Motor truck cargo coverage
Related industry and insurance
* Rating as of October 29, 2019. A.M. Best is under continuous review and subject to change and/or affirmation. For the latest Best’s Ratings and Best’s Company Reports (which include Best’s Ratings), visit the A.M. Best website at www.ambest.com. The rating represents the overall financial status of the individual member companies of Zurich in North America, including Zurich American Insurance Company, and is not a recommendation of the specific policy provisions, rates or practices of each issuing insurance company.
This is intended as a general description of certain types of insurance and services available to qualified customers through the companies of Zurich in North America, provided solely for informational purposes. Nothing herein should be construed as a solicitation, offer, advice, recommendation, or any other service with regard to any type of insurance product underwritten by individual member companies of Zurich in North America, including Zurich American Insurance Company, 1299 Zurich Way, Schaumburg, IL 60196. Your policy is the contract that specifically and fully describes your coverage, terms and conditions. The description of the policy provisions gives a broad overview of coverages and does not revise or amend the policy. Coverages and rates are subject to individual insured meeting our underwriting qualifications and product availability in applicable states. Some coverages may be written on a nonadmitted basis through licensed surplus lines brokers.