Insurance for healthcare facilities
Zurich offers an integrated approach to help healthcare customers respond to the full scope of risks. Our Underwriting, Claims and Risk Engineering specialists have years of industry experience serving a wide range of healthcare customers, including hospitals, medical outpatient facilities and senior care providers. With broad insurance products and Risk Engineering services, Zurich is positioned to help healthcare organizations reduce their total cost of risk.
Insurance coverages for healthcare facilities
Healthcare industry coverages:
Zurich’s proprietary property forms offer healthcare-specific coverage, including building damage, medical and other equipment damage, patient evacuation, and disease outbreaks/contamination events.
Cyber Security and Privacy Insurance
Zurich’s solution includes cyber security and privacy liability, regulatory proceedings defense costs, notification costs, forensic investigation fees, business interruption, legal and public relations costs, and more.
Healthcare Professional Liability Insurance
Zurich’s broad coverage forms are designed to help navigate potential liability risks, including abusive acts coverage, crisis management, subpoena response assistance, Good Samaritan acts and more.
Tools and solutions
Helping customers manage medical-related costs
Helping healthcare customers understand and address their cost drivers
Risk Engineering services provided with Zurich policies include:
Zurich Risk Advisor©; slip, trip and fall (STF) prevention resources, water mitigation recommendations, hearing conservation, risk reduction seminars and webinars, and more.
- Property risk assessment
- Water intrusion evaluation
- Cyber risk assessment
- Fleet program reviews and implementation assistance
- Safety Source Learning Management System (LMS)
- Slip, trip and fall (STF) assessment
- Ergonomic review
2. “2017 Survey of Occupational Injuries & Illnesses Charts Package.” U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor. 8 November 2018.
3. “Fires in Health Care Facilities.” NFPA Report - Fires in Health Care Facilities, www.nfpa.org/News-and-Research/Data-research-and-tools/Building-and-Life-Safety/Fires-in-Health-Care-Facilities.