Installation floaters provide course of construction coverage for property of the insured and property of others that is being installed or awaiting installation. This is an inland marine policy that can help protect subcontractors and service providers from the exposures they face during installation.
An installation builders risk policy is typically purchased by subcontractors, tradesmen and service providers who are responsible for their own labor and materials until the installation is completed and accepted by the owner or general contractor.
- Residential and commercial installation projects valued at $75 million and under are eligible, including plumbers, electricians, carpenters, commercial landscapers, and other service providers
Common installation projects include but are not limited to:
- Asphalt and concrete
- Cellular tower
- Heating and air conditioning (HVAC)
- Parks and playgrounds
- Sewer lines
- Solar panels
- Water treatment plant improvements
- Contractors in the business of hoisting, lifting or moving property for others, e.g. rigging contractors.
- No premium commitment required
- Register online for instant access
- Rate, quote and issue most policies online in minutes
Protection for direct physical loss or damage to materials, supplies, machinery, equipment, fixtures and other property of a similar nature for which you are responsible and that is designated to become a permanent part of a covered project.
- Installation projects up to $75 million
Admitted or non-admitted paper:
Additional coverage options available:
- Residential and commercial subcontractors and service providers are eligible
- Policy options to insure one or multiple installation projects in one or more states
- Protects material or equipment to be installed in the insured’s care, custody or control
- Extended coverage while in transit and temporary storage
- Coverage for labor and profit
Other requirements: Two or more years of related business experience.