Healthcare Professional Liability Insurance
Zurich understands the full spectrum of risks that medical providers face while delivering healthcare services to their patients. It’s important work that is highly vulnerable to liability issues that can threaten healthcare providers financially and reputationally.
Our deep product knowledge and decades of experience give us the ability to help our customers navigate the challenges of today’s complex, constantly evolving and often litigious marketplace. Zurich also offers a broad suite of insurance coverages and risk management services dedicated specifically to healthcare professional liability. We can deliver the solutions you need.
Tools and services
Benchmark Study of Healthcare Professional Liability Claims
Our Healthcare Professional Liability Claims professionals are all attorneys with specialized knowledge of claims against healthcare institutions, facilities and providers. We can help customers quickly and cost-effectively manage and close claims.
Our Claims consultants are committed to delivering responsive and customized service that addresses the specific needs of our Healthcare Professional Liability customers.
- Designated Claims contacts to help investigate claims and develop effective litigation strategies
- Assistance in identifying experienced mediators, medical experts, defense counsel and structured settlement brokers for claims nationwide
- Access to select public relations/crisis event management vendors (as per policy endorsement)
Risk Management Consulting
Zurich’s clinically trained Risk Management Consultants are certified medically trained professionals able to leverage that experience in today’s evolving healthcare landscape for our Healthcare Professional Liability customers. We also have access to the expertise of Zurich’s Risk Engineering Services team. Services include:
- Onsite risk assessments that help identify issues that could impact patient safety and a customer’s risk profile, including obstetrics, emergency department, surgery, radiology, ambulatory care, behavioral health and more
- Educational programs addressing clinical documentation, threats to patient safety, healthcare investigations, liability trends and other emerging risks
- Webinars that explore a variety of emerging risks and important trends
- Loss Bites, our quarterly newsletter sharing lessons learned from large losses
- Virtual roundtables that promote discussions on challenging disclosure situations and foster collaborative support
- Networking opportunities for customers to share and learn with peers and Zurich Risk Consultants
- Subscription to Healthcare Risk Control, a publication from the ECRI Institute (formerly Emergency Care Research Institute), an independent authority on healthcare practices and products that improve the safety, quality and cost-effectiveness of patient care
* Rating as of October 29, 2019. A.M. Best is under continuous review and subject to change and/or affirmation. For the latest Best’s Ratings and Best’s Company Reports (which include Best’s Ratings), visit the A.M. Best website at www.ambest.com. The rating represents the overall financial status of the individual member companies of Zurich in North America, including Zurich American Insurance Company, and is not a recommendation of the specific policy provisions, rates or practices of each issuing insurance company.