Motor Truck Cargo
Zurich’s Motor Truck Cargo (MTC) program offers stand-alone MTC coverage to “For Hire” common and contract motor carriers. Coverage insures against the risks of direct physical loss to covered property while in transit, loading or unloading; and while at a terminal or dock awaiting final distribution. The unbundled MTC coverage meets the U.S. DOT MTC requirements for cargo load pick up.
- Small to medium sized motor carriers with current operating authority, including owner operators
- Fleet size of 1 to 20 units
- Limits up to $250,000 per vehicle and $500,000 per occurrence
- General freight including refrigerated/frozen foods, building supplies, livestock, etc.
- Minimum 2 years operating authority and drivers 23+ years old with 2 years CDL experience
- No household goods movers, auto haulers, oversize/overweight, hazardous materials
- Continental United States, including Hawaii, excluding Alaska & Puerto Rico.
- Motor Truck Cargo Legal Liability
Admitted or non-admitted paper:
Additional program highlights:
Additional Coverage options include:
- Refrigeration Breakdown Coverage
- Contingent Cargo Coverage
- Trailer Interchange Coverage